This February, Marylhurst University will host its first TEDx talk with a slate of incredible speakers lined up. As a preview of their talks, some of the speakers wrote “sneak-peek” blog posts. Check them out:
- Three Steps to Happiness: We talked with John McPhee about his upcoming TEDxMarylhurstU talk, GGG2Greatness. Here’s what John had to say.
- Your Brain on Star Wars: Greg Crosby shares what happens to you neurologically when your brain goes to that galaxy far, far away.
- Blurred Impact: Bethany McCamish discusses her talk on abstract images and how they impact our ability to process and perceive visual information.
- The Impact of Food Choices: We all need food, right? Kristy Athens speaks on what food is good, which is bad and how the impact of food choices extends beyond our own bodies and into societal issues.
- Lessons from Sheherazade: The Art of Storytelling in the Business of Communication. Will Hornyak looks at how storytelling has evolved within the field of professional communication using Sheherazade as an example.
TEDxMarylhurstU is coming up on Feb. 18. General tickets are sold out, but VIP tickets are still available. This event highlights a few of those in our institution and community that have made an impact in education, their field of study and the people around them. Speakers are faculty, students and alumni of Marylhurst.