rome-travel-abroad

London + Rome travel opportunity

by Lynn Brown

Every time I see my dad, he asks me: “Have you been to Rome?”  He believes that experiencing Rome is necessary for understanding western civilization, literature and art. So, to honor my father, I will be joining Meg Roland, Marylhurst students and alumni for a study abroad session to London and Rome September 5-21, 2014.

Please join us for the information session on March 4 from 5-6pm in the Education Conference Room on the third floor of BP John. You can earn six credits for Lit 245 (Literature of Travel – The Eternal City: Rome in the English literary imagination) and Art 386 (Travel Study: London and Rome).

As Director of Career Services here at Marylhurst, I will infuse the trip with some career perspectives. Employers like to hire people who have studied abroad. Isn’t it wonderful that this exciting trip will also make you a more competitive applicant for your next job? Check this article out!

Essential info

• Financial Aid is available
  • Course meets MU core outcome for experiential learning
  • Binford Scholarships (about $500) may be available to English majors
  • Space is limited to 12
  • Estimated cost for the trip is $3600
  • Deposit of $500 is due on March 15

In London, accommodations will be at the University of London in the Bloomsbury District, near the British Museum and British Library. In Rome, lodging will be in apartments in Trastevere. Contact Meg Roland (mroland@marylhurst.edu) for more information or attend the information session on March 4. Students from last year’s trip will share their experiences.

Lynn Brown is Director of Career Services at Marylhurst University.

Photo: Elizabeth Moscoso, 2013 trip particpant